Saturday, May 12, 2007

Grownup

Well, dammit. I cancelled the sitting. Because I am being a grownup is why, and even though I think it's worth every single penny, it's just too rich for my blood at the moment. One day. But not today.

Today, actually, I am babysitting the kids' half-brother. (Or I should say, as the Boy pointed out, WE are babysitting him. They are such good siblings! Okay, so the Girl did have a moment of "over-sharing" with a blanket that nearly gave me a heart attack, but other than that, we're good.) He is one sweet baby, I gotta tell you. I do not actually recall ever being around a less fussy baby. I was a tad worried at first, thinking, Holy crap. It's been a long time since I did babies. What am I going to do with this kid for 6 hours? But it's been a snap. And the kiddos were just wonderful. "I guess we're not going to get any attention around here when the baby's here," the Boy said with a shrug at dinner. "That's just the way it goes when you have a baby around!"

I planted a few more plants today, and picked the first flowers off the strawberries, and mowed the lawn. I feel that work might nearly almost possible settle down into something that isn't insane. Maybe.

Dr. B. sent us stuffed peeps for Easter, which was a huge hit and cracked me right up. A more generous Bitch you won't find, methinks. I owe her a thank you note, and I just might send it out when I mail out the mother's day cards I bought. Yes, Mother's Day is tomorrow. You see where I'm heading with this.

Does this blog make me look fat?

xo
PK