Monday, February 05, 2007

Living

My son vacuumed his own room, and his sister's. Lovely.

-------------------

I dig Legos out of the carpet. "One day," I say, "one day, when you are grown up, I will say, 'Oh, how I wish my little boy was still around leaving Legos everywhere."

"Mom," he sighs, "I am NEVER going to leave this house, don't you worry. I will always, always live here with you."

"Well, honey, you know you will always be welcome in my house. But if one day you change your mind and decide you'd like to live somewhere else, I will understand."

"I won't! I won't ever change my mind. Well. Maybe I will. One day."

---------------

The children are building a fort behind the oversized chair in the empty room that will be their grandmother's living room when she moves in. They're singing a song. They sing, "It's a belly, it's a button! It's a beeeellllly, it's a buuuttttoooon!"

----------------

For no apparent reason, the Girl now calls her brother "Coco Puff". He calls her "Midget Fun-Fun". I do not know where these names come from.