Monday, September 10, 2007

FU AP

To the authors and editors of "MTV Awards Flourish Despite Britney Bomb"and related stories:

Regarding the above-named article and others published by the AP yesterday and today, I wish to make a complaint.

The performance and the woman are a disaster, I'll give you that. Discussion of her bad performance is more than appropriate. But I'm disturbed that in every AP article I've seen so far, much is made of how "unforgivably" out of shape Britney is, of her "paunch", etc. The woman's body definitely is less "cut" than it used to be, but I'm appalled that the AP is buying into the idea that a woman with the body displayed at that awards ceremony is outrageously out of shape. Frankly, I think most women who have had two children, and one just a year ago, would be happy--and HEALTHY-- to look like that in a bikini.

Way to contribute to the eating disorders of millions of young women, AP.

[Sent this morning.]

7 comments:

Kyla said...

Yes. I have to say she made a poor wardrobe choice, but most definitely is not in poor shape. I'd like to be in that sort of poor shape. ;)

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Bravo, PK. Bravo. (clap clap clap clap)

B.E.C.K. said...

If Britney is in poor shape, then I'm a freakin' disaster. Sheesh. I should look so good in so little. (And does anyone criticize the ginormous male rappers out there? No.) I'm pulling for her to get through this phase of her life. It must be demoralizing to be the subject of so many catty comments from the media and other celebrities.

Hashbrown said...

amen

Runnerz2 said...

I agree. Brit certainly has a questionable parenting style, but she had two kids in two years. What's scary is that young women will think that you can look like that after giving birth to two children. We should all be so lucky.

Jeanne said...

If what Britney has is a paunch, then I have a frontal camel hump. I WISH I looked like her right now. Isn't that why I'm working out at the gym?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.