Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First-day-of-school-tons-of-work-too-lazy-to-do-anything-but-watch-Buffy-and-do-a-crossword Meme

As seen at Scrivener's (aka He Who Is Cooler Than I).

Not that he tagged me. I never get tagged (just like baby, waah waah) (and only the people I went to college with will get that) (oh, and Pammy, I'm the one who prank called you but I wasn't really trying to prank call you, I was trying to let you hear "Love Shack". Live!) but I'm doing it anyway.

What?

Okay, so you go here and you look through the random quotes until you find five that reflect who you are or what you believe. And by the way, it was a real test of will not to put down the Erica Jong quote that I wrote in my diary during high school. Erica Jong! Like I'd read any Erica Jong in high school. I would've had a nervous breakdown. Come to think of it, I still haven't read anything by Erica Jong. Hmm.

Right. You don't care. Onward.
-------
Things don't fall apart. Things hold. Lines connect in thin ways that last and last and lives become generations made out of pictures and words just kept.
-Lucille Clifton

Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
-Mary Tyler Moore

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1, The Bible (King James Version)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in awhile, you could miss it.
-Matthew Broderick, Ferris Bueller in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Once I make up my mind, I'm full of indecision.
Oscar Levant