Thursday, December 16, 2004

Mummy!!

Let me preface this by saying that 99% of the time, I tend to at least attempt the facade of a mature, independent, 30-(somethinggrumblegrumble) woman. But the other 1% of the time, I say,

My mommy gets here tomorrow! MUMMY!

You see, folks, she gets bored, and she cleans out my cupboards. And my linen closets.

I know, I know. BK (before kids), that kind of thing got on my nerves, rather. After the Boy, it mostly made me feel guilty. After the Girl--heck, I'm saving up a big ol' pile of laundry just to keep Mom happy. Knock yourself out, Mom!

In all seriousness, though, I am soo looking forward to her visit. It will most likely mean spotty posts here, however. So just in case--happy holidays to everyone--and don't forget Winter Solstice next week. It's a perfectly good excuse for a little celebration, in case you aren't getting enough of them as is.

3 comments:

Laura said...

My mom does that and my mother-in-law too. They putter around the house. Doesn't bother me in the least anymore.

Anonymous said...

I love it when my mum comes into town - she does dishes & laundry, babysits while we go see a movie and rolls a @#$%load of my husband's loose change. How awesome is that?

mumsie

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a mom too! I found your blog looking for other moms and thought I'd let you know of a great live chat site for moms... Its called Mommy Chats and its owned/operated by a mom just like you! We have weekly chats on a variety of parenting topics and also have a partnership with Mothering Magazine and host all their informative chats with parenting experts! Come check it out!