Tuesday, February 15, 2005

And so it begins...

Metaphysically speaking, I'm digging my own grave here by even acknowledging this, but...
Remember my silly little childhood qualms about inanimate objects? Well, tonight, the Girl's bedtime was severely disrupted by the fact that she is now afraid of her nightlight. Her boring, clear plastic, light-sensitive $3 nightlight. Uh-huh.

G: Lighut scare me!
Me: What scares you?
G: [pointing] Lighut!
Me: Your light? Your nightlight?
G: [nodding] Lighut see me! Lighut lookin...it see me!
Me: Your. Light. Sees. You.
G: Ye-ah...
Me: Sweetie? It's. A. Light.

[Turn on lamp. Take G to nightlight. Pull out nightlight. Hand it to G.]

Me: See? Just a silly ol' light.
G: Uh-huh.
Me: You ok now?
G: Uh-huh.
Me: Okay.

[Put light back in. Turn off lamp. Take G back to bed.]

G: LIGHUT SEE MEEEEE!!!
Me: [AGHGHGHH!]

Forget wanting to have only one kid at a time in diapers. I'll take having only one kid at a time in therapy, thankyouverymuch.