Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Luck of the Lost

So here's a nice thing: I went to a boundary meeting tonight (remember that nagging school district overcrowding issue that's been hanging around?) and after driving around in circles following some other driver who I hoped knew where he/she was going, I pulled into the parking lot of the building where the meeting was being held. Another car pulled in next to me, and the woman who got out said to me, "I'm so glad you knew where you were going; I just followed you." I laughed and told her we were just lucky the guy in front of me wasn't headed to McDonalds.

Anyway, we ended up walking in together, sitting together, and after talking in the parking lot afterward for 2 hours, I just got home. Turns out she lives in the neighborhood we're moving into. One good thing to come out of the boundary meeting, if nothing else. I do so like people, if you know what I mean.