Saturday, January 22, 2005

Little Nadia

It's a good thing the Girl is my second child. I'm so much less histrionic this time around.

I was over at the ex's cleaning out the kids' bedroom (don't ask); the Boy was watching SpongeBob in the other room (just doing my part to promote homosexuality, every little bit helps) and the Girl was running around all over the place. The ex had put several piles of laundry on the Boy's bunk bed, so the Girl couldn't actually reach the ladder to the top bunk, which is good because have I explained what a freaking MONKEY she is?

Anyway, she doesn't need the ladder. While I was across the room, she climbed up the side of the bed, grabbed the rail (the top bunk has a safety rail), started bouncing up and down, and did a complete forward flip over the rail and fwump landed on her heels and plopped on her butt on the floor. She sort of grazed a cardboard cylinder of blocks on the floor wear she landed, but for the most part avoided any large obstacles on the way down.

Believe me, that is not a fun sight to be watching from across the bloody room when you know there is no way to get over there fast enough to do anything.

Anyway, I scooped her up and calmed her down, then took a look at her. I got out of her that she'd hurt her back but I didn't see any redness or bruising, I gently felt up and down it and she didn't flinch or cry, and then I had her walk around the room and she seemed fine. She said she wanted to lay down with her brother in the living room, and when I brought her out and told him what she'd done, he gave her his pillow and ran and got her a blanket, the sweetie. But I swear to you, not 3 minutes later she was back in that room and trying to CLIMB BACK onto the top bunk.

These children are going to be the death of me. The. Death. Of. Me.

No comments: