Saturday, November 27, 2004

Because I haven't started enough silly projects...

So, just for the heck of it, I thought that from now until Christmas, I'd include some sort of daily Holiday Surprise here. Because I love Christmas, dammit. It'll be like an Advent calendar, only instead of something worthwhile (i.e., chocolate), it'll just have...well...whatever I come up with. Take it or leave it.

Today's Holiday Surprise: The Brandy Alexander Frappe
If your goal is to lose 10 pounds before New Years, don't drink these every day. I can personally attest (going on day 10) that it will not help your cause. But the good news is that after one or two, you won't really care. And if you make a regimen out of it, you can always fill in for Santa. Yippee.

In a blender, put 1 jigger brandy & 1 jigger creme de cacao (note: "1 jigger" is such a stingy phrase. Christmas is the season for giving! Jigger, shmigger. I use at least 2 jiggers each. At least. What?), 1/4 cup milk (or 1/2+1/2, or cream, or soymilk), and 1 quart ice cream. Blend it, baby.

Fun fact for today (well, fun for me): I work with a woman whose cousin is Joe on Blue's Clues. No kidding! If you have a child under the age of 5, this puts me nearly on the level of oh, Simon Peter. Or Simon Peter's coworker, I guess. Whichever.

3 comments:

Krupskaya said...

Forget Harrison Ford! Joe is where it's at. Although I think I liked Steve better -- I was sad when he went off to college.

Psycho Kitty said...

Yeah, Steve had a certain edge that Joe just can't match. And I loved it that he was, what, 30 or so when he went to college? Probably not, but it seemed like it. But of course to little kids, 18, 30, 60--it's all the same, right?
I've pretty much given up on Harrison Ford since he flipped out and started dating skinny adolescents, but the Boy discovered Star Wars last week, and--oh--the Han Solo days. Growwr.

Krupskaya said...

Right on...Luke was my main crush when I was six. My mom said she liked Han Solo better. Now that I'm older, I see what she means.