Friday, November 19, 2004

dooce: You be well for me

dooce: You be well for me

This was really hard for me to read.
I know that this is what the Then has been going through. And I am glad and thankful that he's finally getting help. He has suffered from depression for as long as I've known him, and I've begged him to get help for nearly as long, and I am so, so glad that he finally is. I've done the phone calls to friends asking them to call him, to drop by, just to make sure he's ok--because I can't do that anymore.
I think I'm just sad that it couldn't have happened sooner. I don't really think it would have made a difference, but it's difficult not to wonder. And my neurosis is believing that somehow I am responsible for everyone being ok--so when I run up against something like this that I have NO control over, I get very freaked out and angry. But I'm working on it. And the Then called to say he was staying in until next Tuesday, which I think is good.

No comments: